Fast, Friendly and Free Estimates
613-521-4143 |

Ottawa Home Insurance


Our home is often the largest investment we make. It is imperative we go to sleep at night knowing our home is properly insured. We want to have somewhere else to live if our home burns down. We want to replace our treasures. We want to rebuild the type of home we had and resume our lives. Let Caiger-Watson Insurance Brokers help you obtain that peace of mind.

The questions we ask when quoting on your home insurance are designed to let us get to know you and your home and what discounts apply to you.

Or perhaps you need further coverage for a home-based business, riding horses, bylaws that affect your ability to rebuild on your site, additional locations, jewellery, collections, students away from home, parents in nursing homes, etc.
We are looking forward to assisting you in protecting your home.

Condominium Unit Owner

Many purchasers of condominium units do not understand what type of insurance policy they will need. After all, it is not like owning a house! Let Caiger-Watson Insurance Brokers explain to you the coverages found in a unit owner’s package:

  • Your contents
  • Unit Improvements and Betterments
  • Additional Protection for the Building
  • Loss Assessment Charges

Rental Property

What is covered? Anything can happen. Talk to us about coverage for damage to your building, landlord’s liability, as well as insurance for loss of rental income. You can have your property covered against:

  • Fire or Lightning
  • Explosion
  • Smoke damage
  • Water damage*
  • Windstorm or Hail
  • Glass breakage
  • Theft
  • Collapse, including weight of ice, snow and sleet
  • Fuel oil escape

More events may also be included.

Caiger-Watson offers several types of Landlord Insurance packages. We’ll help you select the one that’s best for you. Consider coverage for:

  • Dwelling (the physical structure of the home or unit)
  • Attached structures (e.g., carport, attached garage, etc.)
  • Additional buildings (e.g. detached garage, shed, gazebo, fence, etc.)
  • Personal Property (equipment used for maintenance of dwelling and major appliances)
  • Fair Rental Value (lost rental income if an insured event renders the dwelling unfit for occupancy)

Landlord Insurance offered through Caiger-Watson Insurance Brokers is only available to existing homeowner, condominium owner or tenant insurance policyholders.


“I don’t need an insurance policy. My contents aren’t that valuable.” This is the most common misconception heard from tenants. Tenants DO have a need for a Tenants Package.

The Tenants Package policy covers your contents for replacement cost. However, what may be the most important part of the Tenants Package is the liability section. Liability provides protection for accidental damage you may cause to your unit or unintentional harm caused to others.

If you think you want to consider a Tenants Package our brokers would be pleased to discuss your options for coverage and premium.


Ah, the joy of having a get away from daily life! Your cottage provides that for you and your family and friends.

Let Caiger-Watson Insurance Brokers look after the insurance for that cottage and you can rest easy.

We look forward to hearing about your get away!

Contact Us for More Info

    Phone 613-521-4143
    Fax 613-521-4722

    Read our Privacy Policy.

    1050 Morrison Dr.
    Suite 300
    Ottawa, ON.
    K2H 8K7